Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You are my superstar!

You may not know it yet but I adore you. I’m annoyed that you don’t. I mean, do you even care at all?

What I like most about you is that you are always an ‘almost.’ And you don’t falter at being so. You could very well be a ‘done’ or a ‘never did,’ but those aren’t your cup of tea.

Some seriously fuss over what accessories will go with which outfit tomorrow, or think of killing themselves for having nothing to wear. But you can very well be willing to wear a loincloth, if only that will look good on you.

While I analyze the contents of my purse in relation to what they keep at the World Bank, you think money becomes evil when one starts keeping it. So, your advice is to spend it. That’s easy for you to say. You don’t have mortgage to pay.

You say that the color of faraway mountains is blue not green, and the color of faraway sea is green not blue. You know what? You are right! But the thing is you don’t even care if you are.

I know, I know, there are two types of people in this world: us and them. And you never made bones about it when you believe you’re neither.

While I like the spirit of victims who take matters into their own hands, you never consider yourself a victim. That’s a terrifying thought.

I hate the nonchalance of it all.

For me, it is always a privilege to be able to take sides and voice my opinion, as not everyone has that luxury.

At least, you don’t part the Red Sea nor ram the barricades with the les misérables.

But being an ‘almost’ does not also move you from comfortable to crippled, even if ‘almost’ is the most exciting time as it is between the ‘never’ and the ‘what could be.’

But you know what? When the free world starts forgiving, you won’t be one of those it does or doesn’t, either.

But it’s good that you find yourself safe wherever you are. It’s a mad world out there.

You’ll forever be an ‘almost.’ You are nothing, and you don’t even know it.

That’s an enviable position.


No comments: